Portable SCIF enclosures offer the same state-of-the-art impenetrability as their more permanently stationed cousins but can be quickly set up and broken down wherever and whenever the need arises.
Portability is typically achieved using three distinct setups:
- Modular SCIFs: With modular SCIFs, construction is carried out in a secure manufacturing facility offsite, and installation is completed at the destination. This ensures modular enclosures will meet all government standards and regulations (DCID 6/9, ICD 705, TEMPEST, etc.) from the moment production begins. Custom design allows for multiple configurations to satisfy various missions – including international adaptability – and can range in size from 100 square feet to 10,000 or more.
- Containerized SCIFs – Built out of CONEX-style containers, and typically available in 10’, 20’, and 40’ lengths, containerized SCIFs are easily shipped via cargo truck or plane and can be customized to meet any mission requirements. Assembled in mere minutes, these turnkey enclosures offer plug-and-play accessibility and a rugged construction that is ready for redeployment at the drop of a hat.
- Panelized SCIFs – Interconnectable panelized systems offer a wealth of flexibility and design options, and can be built out as freestanding, independent structures, or used to retrofit an existing room or space. Their ability to be reconfigured to suit any function or mission is a significant draw.
Portable SCIF enclosures offer government agencies myriad security benefits:
- Portability: A modular SCIF’s heavy-duty, state-of-the-art assembly allows it to be implemented on numerous operations, all while remaining structurally sound during transit. Swift installation allows portable SCIF enclosures to be assembled on-site as interior or exterior structures.
- Durability: Typically fabricated from heavy duty materials such as steel and hardwood, portable SCIF enclosures are built to withstand extreme weather conditions, temperatures, and other environmental dangers, as well as protection against ballistics, blasts, and forced entry.
- Scalability: Multiple modular SCIF enclosures can be combined to provide greater overall space at the mission site. Panelized enclosures can be shipped flat, unassembled, via cargo truck or plane, and then pieced together on-site according to your agency’s needs and specs.
Secom, LLC draws on more than 50 years’ experience designing SCIFs, secure containers, and closed areas, and remains one of the few security providers nationwide who are authorized to do so. Our team regularly provides UL 2050 and DoD monitoring services to existing facilities, typically with no upfront costs.
Contact us today for a quote and ask about our in-house financing.