Think you’re too big for your breaches? Think again.
Data breaches are getting larger and more debilitating, year after year. And organizations are not keeping pace with such escalation by establishing proper defenses.
Add to that the increasing nerve and technique of hackers, their use of automation, and the steady influx of new vulnerabilities – and the onslaught stands to get a lot worse.
The cost of a data breach – a culmination of fines, lawsuits, the implementation of new tech, and assorted damage control – can be devastating for a business’s bottom line, and that damage is only getting more intense as the years progress.
According to a the 2019 “Cost of a Data Breach” report by IBM and the Ponemon Institute:
- The average cost of a data breach, worldwide, was $3.92 million (up 1.5 percent from 2018).
- Each stolen record was tallied at $150 apiece.
- On average, it takes 279 days to identify and contain a breach.
- When contained in less than 200 days, the cost of a data breach is approximately $1.2 billion less than incidents extending beyond 200 days.
- Using an incident response team could diminish the price tag by $360,000.
- At $8.19 million – more than twice the global average – the United States clocked in with the most expensive average by country.
- At 51 percent, malicious attacks are responsible for the lion’s share of global breaches. (Human error and “glitches” split the remaining difference almost right down the middle.)
The bottom line is that breaches are a significant and increasingly growing threat to businesses of all shapes and sizes; many of whom remain woefully unprepared for the magnitude of malicious attacks that continue to strike without warning.
With cybersecurity tools provided by Secom and Blackpoint, you can eliminate cyber threats before they spread.
Blackpoint’s patented SNAP Defense Security Operations & Incident Response platform maps out networks in a matter of minutes, pinpointing targeted devices immediately, and detaining threats with the single click of a button.
Additionally, our solutions deliver:
- Real-time monitoring
- Real-time, multi-point threat detection
- Real-time response
- Scalable, multi-tenant architecture for small and medium-sized businesses lacking hunt and response resources.
- A single interface allowing for management of multiple client networks and company IT infrastructures.
- Integrated IT/IoT protection allowing for the visualization, monitoring, and defense of all devices across all networks.
Secom is the only security company in the Mid-Atlantic serving as an authorized reseller for Blackpoint services. Contact us today for additional information or to request a quote.