Visitor entry and management systems are your commercial property’s first line of defense, tracking who is entering your facility, when, and for what reason.
Important information is also collected and compiled by such systems, including the duration and frequency of visits associated with each individual guest.
Here are seven additional ways visitor entry and management systems contribute to safer environments, overall:
- An up-front deterrent: Visitor entry and management systems stationed near your business’s front desk send a clear message to guests with trouble on their minds that they are NOT welcome.
- Providing background checks for all visitors. Many visitor entry and management systems are now able to conduct quick background checks on each and every visitor entering your building. If a guest triggers a watchlist, systems can notify front desk personnel, as well as the proper authorities.
- Issuing badges: Custom visitors’ badges can be printed in minutes using the latest technology. They can help personnel to differentiate between employees and guests, and to quickly identify those without authorization.
- Multi-unit functionality. Communication between your buildings and staff is critical when an emergency and/or disaster strikes. A visitor entry system allows your team to remain in continuous contact regardless of proximity.
- Ease of use. Straightforward, intuitive functionality allows visitors to quickly and efficiently check in with names, addresses, phone numbers, and more, while allowing staff to create and modify check-in processes and reports on the fly. Pre-registration and “return visitor” functionality permit regular, authorized guests to sign in more swiftly on subsequent visits.
- Safeguarding sensitive personal information: Because many visitor management systems store sensitive visitor data on a hard drive or in the cloud, encryption and password protection measures are utilized to safeguard this information. Some systems can even wipe visitor data at regular intervals, such as the end of the day, week, or month.
- Seamless integration with other systems used by your company: There are myriad components that facilitate effective communication throughout your business – from telephone and computer support to scanners and more. An ideal visitor management system will be able to interface with all other tech, ensuring there is no confusion in the event of an emergency or crisis.
Secom’s visitor entry systems enable your workers to focus on primary office tasks, while keeping close tabs on everyone who enters the building.
We regularly provide state-of-the-art security systems throughout the country, including visitor entry and management systems, video surveillance, access control, intrusion detection, and much more.
Contact us today to learn more or fill out our form to request additional information.