School Security Systems
Protect Your Students, Staff, and Visitors
As school violence and active shootings continue to make headlines, educational and campus security is more important than ever before.
A 2022 Gallup poll on school security found that 44% of parents of school-aged children feared for their child’s safety while at school.
School administrators are under pressure to find ways to keep their students, staff, and visitors safe.
Investing in school security systems and solutions is critical. Safeguards often include metal detectors, security cameras, access control, and more. A comprehensive approach to educational security is integral, however, to make a significant impact and send a distinct message to potential attackers.
Secom can be your one source for a thorough school security plan.
Educational Security Solutions that Pass the Test
Partner with Secom and rest easy knowing your school and campus are protected around the clock with our school security systems, including:
- Door Props – Alert authorized personnel whenever a door has been left open longer than your specified timeframe
- Mass Communication – Instantly notify faculty, staff, and students of emergencies or threats in real-time.
- Lock Down –Activate or cancel customizable, campus-wide lockdown protocols remotely with a user-intuitive interface accessible from any Internet-connected device.
- Facial Recognition – Authorize or decline guests, visitors, students, staff, and more with state-of-the-art biometric technology.
- License Plate Recognition – Access and review identifying numbers for vehicles on campus with software that accounts for speed, sunlight, weather conditions, and more, with automatic alerts to authorized personnel if suspicion is raised based on specified guidelines.
- Gun Shot Detection – Accurately detect and record gunfire at or nearby your school or facility and immediately alert law enforcement officials.
- Metal/Weapons Detection – Identify concealed guns, knives, and other weapons and prevent them from entering your educational facility.
- System and Building Integration – Bring all campus security measures under one cohesive interface and ensure your facility is operating at peak efficiency at all times.
- Bullet Resistance/Bullet Proofing – Protect your school from gunfire, shattered windows, attempted break-ins, and more.
- Security Guards – Secom’s armed or unarmed guard response services, available through our comprehensive security package, can help to ensure safety and stability throughout campus.